The Department was established in the year 2000 with an intake of 60 students and our intent is to produce high qualified engineers and researchers who can make substantial contribution to the field of Computer Science and Engineering. The department offers B.E and M.E in Computer Science and Engineering. Master of Computer science course was started in the year 2005 with intake of 18 students. The Department has renowned personalities as faculty who are involved in providing Quality Education. The intake was increased to 120 students for Bachelor Degree and 36 students for Master Degree in the year 2011.
The department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of computer hardware and software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course structure is up to date and includes courses on recent topics to equip our students with the latest developments in Computer Science and Engineering.
The department has good laboratory with 24 hours Wi-Fi enabled internet facilities. The department conducts periodic workshop, seminar, symposium and conference to help students, research scholars and corporate world to unite in a common place and thereby strengthen the industry institution fusion. Students are always industry ready with all the above benefits. The department received “Teaching awards in Engineering” by Staffordshire university in the year 2015 .Our students have participated in many inter and intra college competitions like project contest, coding contest, paper presentation, Cultural events and won many prizes. The department has very good placement records and students got placed in leading companies like TCS, Wipro, CTS, HCL, Accenture, Infosys, Inautix, Polaris , Huawel, Infoview, etc.
To achieve education and research excellence in computer Science and Engineering.
- To excel in academic through effective teaching learning techniques.
- To promote research in the area of computer science and engineering with the focus on innovation.
- To transform students into technically competent professionals with societal and ethical responsibilities.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The following Program Educational Objectives are designed based on the Department Mission.
- Graduates will have successful career in software industries and R&D divisions through continuous learning.
- Graduates will provide effective solutions for real world problems in the key domain of computer science and engineering and engage in lifelong learning.
- Graduates will excel in their profession by being ethically and socially responsible.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Professional Skills: Ability to apply the knowledge of computing techniques to design and develop computerized solutions for the problems.
- Successful career: Ability to utilize the computing skills and ethical values in creating a successful career.
|1||Dr.S.Thilagamani||Chairman||Professor & Head/Computer Science and Engineering, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|2||Dr.P.Santhi||Member||Associate Professor / CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|3||Dr.B.Padmini Devi||Member||Associate Professor /CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|4||Dr.K.Sindhanaiselvan||Member||Associate Professor /CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|5||Mrs.K.Deepa||Member||Assistant Professor /CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|6||Mr.S.Saravanan||Member||Assistant Professor /CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|7||Mr.V.Mani||Member||Assistant Professor /CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|8||Mr.K.Prem Kumar||Member||Assistant Professor /CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|9||Dr.P.Uma Maheswari||University Nominee||Associate Professor ,Department of Computer Technology MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai-44.|
|10||Dr.G.R.Karpagam||Expert Member||Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore- 641004.|
|11||Dr.S.Kalaivani||Expert Member||Professor / CSE, Institute of Road & Transport Technology, Erode.|
|12||Mr.Akhil Achuthan||Industry Expert||Solution Architect, Payoda, Coimbatore|
|13||Mr. R.Madhan||Alumni Member||Test Analyst, Infosys Limited, Chennai|
|14||Mr.R.Raj Kumar||Student Member||Final Year, B.E – Computer Science and Engineering, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|15||Mr.B.Bhuvaneswaran||Student Member||Third Year, B.E – Computer Science and Engineering,M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|