With a greater vision of imparting technical skills and producing vibrant software professionals, the department was started in the year 2001 with a sanctioned strength of 60 students. Since its inception the department has been at its best by inculcating ethical values, instilling technical caliber, energizing the young minds, enriching the IQ and placing the students in top notch IT majors. The department is being the guiding light for the students with the support of knowledge-rich faculty members. Well equipped laboratories, well furnished classrooms, and a library with great volumes of books are bringing accolades to the department. The department is striving hard for the upliftment of the under privileged and downtrodden rural masses as well.
It takes all possible initiatives ranging from conducting periodic guest lectures, seminars, and workshops to Add-on courses to make the students technically competent. Under the able leadership of the head of the department, the faculty members are putting in untiring effort for making the students industry ready. Besides giving a thrust to curriculum the students are exposed to co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. A connoisseurs is the magazine KOLOZ as part of the association activity. The magazine would association which paves way for enhancing and updating technical and soft skills of the students. Every academic year the department releases a technical carry the latest information on emerging computer technologies.
Admission Brochure : Click Here
To meet the technology and evolve innovative applications according to software industry and to promote technological advancement through knowledge dissemination
- To achieve excellence in the field of computer applications.
- To create quality professionals to meet the emerging industrial needs.
- To inculcate ethical and professional standards among our students by providing quality education.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To have higher ability in programming skills, and to provide training in recent technology to the students.
- To make students to prepare real - world problems through industry based projects
- To provide students with successful professionals in industry, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit.
- To reinforce the problem solving skills and train them to excel in application or System development, System analysis and design, Project management, Software consultancy and Entrepreneurship.
- To Prepare students to pursue life-long learning
- To provide a sound knowledge in Information Technology, Computer Software and Engineering concepts.
- To foster and provide a social environment, induce team spirit and leadership quality among students and to promote cultural and spiritual values in all activities.
PO & PSO - Will update soon
- Programming and Data Structures Laboratory
- Database Management System Laboratory
- Object Oriented Programming Laboratory
- System Software Laboratory
- Algorithms Laboratory
- Networks Laboratory
- Java Programming Laboratory
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia Laboratory
- UNIX and Network Programming Laboratory
- Visual Programming Laboratory
- Web Technology Laboratory
- Software Development Laboratory
- C# & .NET Framework Laboratory
- Middleware Technologies Laboratory
Major Areas of Research
The following is the list of major areas of research activities in the department:
- Data Mining
- Computer Networking
- Image Processing
- Cloud Computing
Will Be Update Soon...
Will Be Update Soon..
|1||Dr.P.Uma Maheswari||University Nominee||Associate Professor, Department of Computer Technology, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai|
|2||Dr.A.Kannan||University Nominee||Professor and Head, Department of Information Science and Technology, Anna University, Chennai.|
|3||Dr.R.Nadarajan||University Nominee||Professor and Head, Department of Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.|
|4||Dr.A.Sabari||Expert Member||Professor & Head/IT, K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode.|
|5||Kalaivani||Expert Member||Professor / CSE, Institute of Road & Transport Technology, Erode.|
|6||Dr.Arathi Rani Santhamurthy||Industry Expert||Consultant, Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai.|
|7||Mr.G.Naresh Kumar||Alumni Member||Associate, Cognizant Technology Solution, Chennai.|
|8||Thilagamani||Chairman||Dean & HoD/Computer Science Engineering, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|9||Ms.S.Vanithamani||Member||HOD/MCA, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|10||Mr.A.Shanmugavelayutham||Member||SAP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|11||Mr.K.Nagendran||Member||AP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|12||Mrs.B.Padmini Devi||Member||AP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|13||Mrs.V.Kavitha||Member||AP/CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|14||Mr.S.Saravanan||Member||AP/CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|15||Mr.K.Prem Kumar||Member||AP/CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|