" Welcome to the Department of Electronics and communication Engineering "
The department of Electronics and communication was started in the year 2000. We embarked into the world of high-tech, striving for the best academic performance. We offer B. E. programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering and M.E. programme in Communication Systems, VLSI Design.
The department has good infrastructure and full-fledged laboratories which are industry oriented. The faculties of the department are highly qualified and are successful with timely up gradations in the curriculum and innovative teaching techniques. The staff members are deputed to participate in workshops, conferences, symposia and refresher courses to keep in pace with recent developments in the field of Electronics & Communications Engineering.
The rigors of academic study at each level are balanced with a number of other related activities which include co-curricular activities for students. Special lectures and workshops on varied topic of academic relevance are held under the Extra Mural student series. We aim to produce highly skilled and scientifically oriented manpower through flexible, adaptive and progressive training programs and a coherent interaction among the research organizations, academicians and industries.
After achieving substantial progress in the departmental infrastructure, MKCE ECE has marched into the area of research and development.
- To empower the Electronics and Communication Engineering students with Emerging Technologies, Professionalism, Innovative Research and Social Responsibility.
- Attain the academic excellence through innovative teaching learning process, research areas & laboratories and Consultancy projects.
- Inculcate the students in problem solving and lifelong learning ability.
- Provide entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities.
- Render the technical knowledge and industrial skills of faculties.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO'S):
- PEO1:Graduate will have successful career in the core areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering and also in allied discipline.
- PEO2:Graduates will provide Engineering solution by demonstrating technical competence and by applying knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- PEO3:Graduates will demonstrate sustained learning, adapting to a constantly changing world for contributing to the needs of society through professional development and lifelong learning
- PEO4:Graduates will have curiosity for self-learning, updating recent development of technologies in the major area of study.
- PO1: Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- PO2: Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- PO3: Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO5: Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- PO6: The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- PO7: Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- PO8: Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- PO9: Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- PO10: Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- PO11: Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- PO12: Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO'S):
- PSO1: Applying knowledge in various areas, like Electronics, Communications, Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded systems etc., in the design and implementation of Engineering application.
- PSO2: Able to solve complex problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering with analytical and managerial skills either independently or in team using latest hardware and software tools to fulfil the industrial expectations.
List of Laboratories:
- Analog and Digital Communication Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Electronics And Microprocessor Laboratory
- Electronics Circuits Laboratory
- Embedded System Design Laboratory
- Engineering Practice Laboratory
- Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Microwave and Optical Laboratory
- Networks laboratory (Centre of Excellence -TI Innovation Lab)
- Project Laboratory
- Research laboratory (Centre of Excellence -Intel Intelligence Lab)
Industries Supported Skill Laboratory:
- Research Center Recognition
- Anna University Recognized Ph.D Research Supervisor
- R&D Forms
- ECE Department H-Index
- Faculties Pursuing Ph.D
- Journal Reviewers
- Funds Received
R&D Cell Activities
Center for Excellence
Scope of Employment
Scope of electronics and communication engineering or EC engineering is huge because modern technology uses electronics; chips, transistors, fiber optics etc and we know that an EC engineer deals with all of these. Scope of EC engineering is vast that it is applied in every field. The development of the world that includes every area such as telecommunication, satellite, microelectronics, technology etc are all based on electronics engineering. Electronics has also helped in developing health care, automation, signal processing etc.
Few fields where electronic engineers get placed are: In medical field- Almost all medical equipment's are electronic and hence for the installation and maintenance of those equipment's.
• In automobile- The speed dial, air bag systems etc are all based on electronics.
• In modern equipments- For the production, maintenance and repair of computers, laptops, tabs, mobiles etc.
• In communication- Radio, telephones etc.
• In government and private companies- Installation, operation and maintenance of electronics equipments and systems.
• Defense- For design and development of complex devices and systems for signal processing and telecommunication
• Space and other research organizations- For design and development of complex devices and systems for signal processing and telecommunication.
• Electronic industries- Design and fabrication of devices, embedded systems, electronic equipments etc.
• Process industries- For instrumentation and control of electronic devices.
• IT companies- Well preferred as IT professionals.
• Manufacturing- PCB, IC etc.
- Placement Details 2012-2016(Batch)
- Placement Details 2013-2017(Batch)
- Placement Details 2014-2018(Batch)
- Placement Details 2015-2019(Batch)
- Placement Details 2016-2020(Batch)
- Guest Lectures
- Knowledge Sharing
- University Rank Holder
- Department Library
- TEL Curricula
Value Added Courses
- PCB designing
- Industry ready engineering
- C,C++ training
- Network simulator-2
- Intel training
- C & C++
- Java Programming
|1||Dr.D.Sridharan||Anna University Nominee||Professor, Department of Electronics and communication Engineering, Anna University, Chennai|
|2||Dr. P.T. Vanathi||External Technical Experts||Associate Professor/ECE, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.|
|3||Dr.D.Sriram Kumar||External Technical Experts||HOD/ECE, National Institute of Technology(NIT), Tiruchirappalli|
|4||Mrs.Savitha R.Ganjigatti||Industrial Representative||Vice President, SIENNA ECAD Technologies Pvt.Ltd, Bangalore|
|5||Mr.K.Mohanraj||Industrial Representative & Alumnus||Senior Software Engineer ,ROBERT BOSCH Engineering, Coimbatore|
|6||Dr.C.Vivek||Board Chairman||HoD/ECE(UG&PG), M.Kumarasamy College Of Engineering, Karur|
|7||Dr.M.Dhamodaran||Member||Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|8||Dr.S.Palanivel Rajan||Member||Associate Professor/ ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|9||Dr.S.Jegadeesan||Member||Associate Professor/ ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|10||Dr.A.Sridevi||Member||Associate Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|11||Mr.P.T.Sivagurunathan||Member||Senior Assistant Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|12||Mr.C.Nandagopal.||Member||Senior Assistant Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|13||Mr.P.Ramakrishnan||Member||Assistant Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|14||Mrs.T.Abirami||Member||Assistant Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|15||Mr.N.Mahendran||Member||Senior Assistant Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|16||Mr.S.Mohanraj||Member||Senior Assistant Professor/ECE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|