NAAC & IQAC
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC):
MKCE IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the Institution. MKCE IQAC may channelize and systematize the effect and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
The IQAC will act as a driving force for guidance in quality, by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality. Since quality improvement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of institution’s system and work towards the quality enrichment.
To make quality, the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives
- To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programs or projects;
- To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in higher education institutions;
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in higher education;
- To undertake quality-related research, consultancy and training programmes, andTo collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for functioning of the institution towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and implementation of best practices.
Composition of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) – 2018
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of the college is constituted for the academic year 2016-2017 with the following members with effect from July 2018.
List of Members of Internal Quality Assurance Cell :
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation||Category|
|11||Dr.L.Ashok Kumar||Controller of Examinations||Member|
|12||Dr.D.Maheswaran||Assistant Manager / Electrical-TNPL||Member|
|17||Dr.L.Guruprasad||Associate professor / Physics||Deputy Coordinator IQAC|
|18||Dr.R.Karthikeyan||Professor / Electrical – Coordinator||Member Secretary|
- The IQAC Audit reports have been discussed in the review meeting
- Final Year Students are asked to submit the Project Proposal to TNSCST and try to get the funds.
- Quality of the research Publication has been discussed and it is decided to publication more no of Articles in Scopes Indexed Journals.
- The Department has been advised to take up more no of MOU’S with reputed companies.
- College advisor suggested to deliver Lecturer/ Keynote address in the reputed institutions / organization in their eminent field.
- Advisor advised to the department heads to create awareness importance of foreign language among the students.
- Advisor mentions each faculty should carry one consultancy work at least.
- Executive Director instructed to mention Internal /External best project award for student category
- In consultancy work, the no of faculty members involved and the amount received from the industries have to be included in the presentation.
- Executive Director and Principal asked the Dean of various disciplines to motivate and to create awareness among their faculty members about participation in events organized by the premier institutions.
- All departments have to achieve more than 90% for their target in forthcoming semesters.