Manufacturing Engineering was established in the year 2013 with the intake of 24 students. It involves the application of scientific and engineering knowledge to the development, manufacture and distribution of all types of products. Manufacturing Engineering (MFE) program is focused on creating operating techniques for the production of engineering designs, to bring ideas into practical, cost-effective use. Manufacturing Engineering allows students to work with faculty who are leaders in fields like robotics, materials processing, and artificial intelligence and to maintain a broader, multidisciplinary, cutting-edge approach. This branch trains the students in selection of metallic and non-metallic materials for the various engineering applications; process planning. It also paves a way to acquaint the students with the principles, basic machine tools and developments in the micro manufacturing process and research trends in the area of micro manufacturing process. This branch also focuses on the provision of knowledge in the area of Robot designing and programming in Robotic languages.
- To create globally recognized competent Mechanical engineers to work in multicultural environment.
- Enable students to enhance their skills, pursue careers and enter into higher education to achieve the best place.
- Enhance a learner-centric atmosphere along with state-of-the-art research facility.
- Transform students to outstanding ethical professionals to face the global challenges.
Will Update Soon
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S):
- Graduates of the program will accommodate insightful information of engineering principles necessary for the applications of engineering.
- Graduates of the program will acquire knowledge of recent trends in technology and solve problem in industry.
- Graduates of the program will have practical experience and interpersonal skills to work both in local and international environments.
- Graduates of the program will possess creative professionalism, understand their ethical responsibility and committed towards society.
- The following are the Program Outcomes of Engineering Graduates: Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S):
The following are the Program Specific Outcomes of Engineering Graduates: The students will demonstrate the abilities
- Real world application: To comprehend, analyze, design and develop innovative products and provide solutions for the real-life problems.
- Multi-disciplinary areas: To work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary areas and make quality projects.
- Research oriented innovative ideas and methods: To adopt modern tools, mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve industrial and societal problems.
|1||Dr.C.Ramesh||Chairman||Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|2||Dr.M.Kantha Babu||University Nominee||Professor, Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Anna University, Chennai.|
|3||Dr.V.Anandha Krishnan||College Nominee||Professor, Department of Production Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|4||Dr.P.Naveenethakrishnan||College Nominee||Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kongu Engineering College, Erode|
|5||Dr.K.Devakumaran||Industrial Expert||Senior Development Engineer, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Tiruchirappalli|
|6||Mr.R.Makesh Kumar||Industrialist||Assistant Plant Engineer, TNPL Kagithapuram.|
|7||Mr.M.Prasath||Industrialist||Assistant Plant Engineer, TNPL Kagithapuram|
|8||Dr.P.P.Sethusundaram||Member||Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|9||Dr.C.Manickam||Member||Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|10||Dr.S.Dhanabalan||Member||Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|11||Mrs.S.Padmavathy||Member||Senior Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|12||Dr.M.Loganathan||Member||Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|13||Mr.T.Nithyanandam||Member||Senior Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|14||Mr.N.Parthipan||Member||Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|15||Mr.A.Manikandan||Member||Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|
|16||Mr.K.Palanisamy||Member||Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur|