The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2001 with under graduation the well qualified faculty demonstrating high professionalism. These professional technocrats help to navigate among the opportunities abounding in today's modern society. The Department has faculty members specialized in Network Security, Data mining, Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, Computer Networks, Soft Computing, Evolutionary Computing, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics and Image Processing. The department provides best infrastructure and educational resources for students which help themselves to stimulate self learning and best practice. The department has been constantly producing Engineering graduates of high caliber who occupy prestigious positions in the academia and industrial fields.
- To create groomed, technically competent and skilled intellectual IT professionals to meet the current challenges of the modern computing industry.
- To ensure the understanding of fundamental aspects of Information Technology
- Prepare students to adapt to the challenges of changing market needs by providing an environment.
- Build necessary skills required for employ ability through career development training to meet the challenges posed by the competitive world.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Solve real world problems using learned concepts pertaining to Information Technology domain.
- Encompass the ability to examine, plan and build innovative software products.
- Carry out the profession with ethics, integrity, leadership and social responsibility.
Graduates of Bachelor of Information Technology will have the following ability and capability at the end of course :-
- Engineering knowledge: Acquire and apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Information Technology appropriate to the discipline.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate and analyze complex engineering problems using principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design and develop software components and systems to meet the industrial and societal needs.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: An ability to design and conduct experiments, as to analyze and interpret data.
- Modern tool usage: An ability to adopt modern engineering and IT tools to perform complex engineering activities.
- The engineer and society: Assess societal, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics: Understand professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a team in multidisciplinary background.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: An ability and desire towards life-long learning.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- Apply knowledge of theoretical computer science to assess the hardware and software aspects of computer systems.
- Design software in a futuristic approach to support current technology and adapt cutting-edge technologies.
- Comprehend the technological advancements and practice professional ethics and the concerns for societal and environmental wellbeing.
- FOSS Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Case Tools Lab
- Data Structures Lab
|1||Dr.A.Kannan||University Nominee||Anna University, Chennai.|
|2||Mr.N.Periyasamy||Industry Expert||Director –Development, SBNA Technologies,Coimbatore.|
|3||Dr.T.Abirami||Expert Member||AP/IT, Kongu Engineering College, Erode.|
|4||Dr.R.Suganya||Expert Member||AP/IT, Thiagarajar College of Engineering Madurai-625015|
|5||Mr.S.N.Gowtham||Alumni Expert||CEO, Seyali Technologies Private Limited, Karur.|
|6||Dr.S.Thilagamani||Chairman||Professor & Head - CSE, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|7||Dr.G.Mohanaprabha||Senior Staff Member||ASP & Head - IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|8||Mr.A.Shanmugavelaytham||Senior Staff Member||AP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|9||Mrs.R.Sujatha||Senior Staff Member||AP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|10||Mr.M.Gunasekar||Senior Staff Member||AP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|
|11||Mr.E.Balraj||Senior Staff Member||AP/IT, M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur.|